Thursday, June 9, 2011

Updated one entry of my custom resource file, but it does not get reflected in my web part

While working on one fix I faced on strange issue when I updated one entry of my custom resource file, but it did not get reflected in my web part.

I tried following but no effect:

* Deployed my solution
* Restarted IIS Manager
* Even gone to '14\Resources\MyFile.resx' and updated manually
* Deleted file from '14\Resources\MyFile.resx' and then deployed again
* Added new resource entry and updated my code

but with my last try I came to know that it is not picking resource data from '14\Resources folder' and instantly another location came into my mind and its

'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\9001\App_GlobalResources'
When i opened my resource file from this path.. it was old file....

So after updating here my issue got fixed, I cannot say its solution of all this kind of issues but it worked for me :)

No comments: